Collect at the airport
No transport bus
BEST SERVICE AT FARO AIRPORT
personal service with your car waiting on our car park outside arrivals.
Your contract completed right there in the airport and your holiday
starts without delay.
you need at a standard price. unlimited mileage,
collision damage waiver insurance, national taxes all
by card and leave us your card details as security. You actually
don't pay any deposit
Waiver Damage included as standard with low excess. No necessary
extras to buy.
no reservation deposit to pay there is no online card payment and
no need for cancellation insurance. If you change your plans just
let us know
to know more or want to make a reservation.. Use the easy mail link
and we promise you a fast personal service.
arriving between 22.00 and 08.00 are subject to a surcharge.
is less than 2% of our clients and it would be unfair to reflect
the cost of servicing late night flights in the general cost
Drive rental rates includes
- Unlimited mileage.
- Mandatory insurances.
- Collision damage waiver liability.
- Theft waiver.
- Bail bonds (where needed).
- Local taxes.
is not included?
- Personal accident insurance (PAI).
- Additional non-mandatory insurances.
- Insurance exclusions - see the relevant insurance sections.
- Fuel: a deposit is often payable for fuel and is usually
refunded if the car is returned with a full tank. Fuel
policies vary. Please check when you pick up your car.
- Garaging, tolls, congestion charges, parking and traffic
- Lost keys, glasses, windscreen and tyres if not damaged
by a reported accident.
- Drivers charges where applicable.
- Delivery and collection of your car out of the airport
can be arranged during normal working hours. There may
be a charge for this.
- Out of hours charges.
- Optional extras.
- One-way rental charges where applicable.
- Young drivers charges where applicable.
- For airport pick-ups, it is essential that You
Drive be given the correct flight number
and arrival time, before departure. This can be done
either online or by phone.
- If this is not available at the time of booking, please
ensure that you inform us of this at least 7 days prior
to departure, either online or by phone. No responsibility
can be accepted or compensation allowed for a failed rental
due to the late provision of this information.
- If you are under 23 or over 65 years old please inform
our reservations staff at the time of booking. Age restrictions
may apply, and in some cases there may be a young drivers
charge payable at collection time.
- You Drive levy a charge for
cancellation of any pre payed booking you are unable to
honour prior to your collection date (see below).
- No refunds will be given for rentals ended early,
late collections, no shows or cancellations made after
the rental start date.
- All cancellations must be made in writing, please e-mail
us at email@example.com .
- Cancelations must be received by us before the rental
start date otherwise no refund of any pre-payment will
or more days before start date
days before start date
days before start date
- The duration of your rental starts and finishes according
to the pick-up and drop-off dates and times detailed on
your voucher, the price of which will be confirmed at time
of booking and is calculated on the basis of 24-hour units. If
you wish to extend the rental period after collection of
the car, or if you return the car later than stated on
your voucher, you will be charged locally at the local
daily rate, which may be higher than our online rates.
No refunds are payable on cars returned early.
One rental day is equal 24 hours - Each
fraction of a day is considered as an aditional day.
Prices quoted on this web page are 25%
cheaper than desk rates and further discounts cannot be
Rates for 3 days are 50 % of the weekly
Rates more than 3 and less than 7 days
are based on the 6 day pro-rate.
less than 3 days are based on the 4 day pro-rate.
Rates more than 7 days are based on the
7 day pro-rate.
Child seats: these are mandatory in Portugal
and must be requested at the time of booking. If requested
and confirmed at least 7 days prior to departure these will
Roof racks are available just for some kind
of cars (group A, B) and should be specially requested at
the time of booking. There is usually a charge for them as
shown in our price list page. Early requests are recommended
to guarantee availability.
GPS (Satelite Navigation System) is available
and should be specially requested at the time of booking.
There is a charge for it as shown in the price list. Early
requests are recommended to guarantee availability.
- Amendments to a booking may be subject to a €5
amendment fee depending on the bureaucratic work involved.
and collection/one-way rentals
- For a small extra charge we can guarantee the delivery
of the car you book. Bookings cannot be made with less
than 72 hours and must be prepayed. Some restrictions
may apply for special cars during high requested seasons.
- Delivery and collection is normally at the airport. The car
can be delivered and/or collected to your accommodation. A
charge for delivery and collection may apply and will be advised
on booking if applicable.
- If you would like your car to be delivered, full address
and delivery time must be given at the time of booking.
- Deliveries and collections are available during normal working
hours. If you request a delivery/collection outside the normal
working hours a "out of hours" fee may apply.
- One way rentals are subjected to a surcharge as show in our
of hours charges
- Sometimes flights will be met and cars supplied outside of
normal working hours. However, there may be an additional charge
for this service as shown in our price list. This will be quoted
when your flight timings are given to us. In the event that
a flight is delayed, causing the car pick-up to fall outside
normal working hours, the additional charge will be made locally,
where the out of hours service is available.
- Drivers must produce a full driving licence held for at least
one year . Drivers with a new style licence must have all sections
- For some car types, drivers must have held a full licence
for a minimum of 2 years.
- It is the driver’s responsibility to ensure that he/she
has the appropriate driving licence.
- We must be informed of any endorsements on the driver’s
licence, as we may not be able to take your booking.
- No refunds will be given for rentals rejected due to non-production
of a driving licence or non-disclosed endorsements.
- For faxed or photocopied licences please ask first for acceptance.
- The rental voucher sent by us by email must be presented
when picking up your rental car. You Drive cannot
be held responsible for rentals rejected if a voucher is not
- You should retain your rental documents and related receipts
for a minimum of 28 days after returning home.
- Charges may apply for additional drivers as shown in our
price list page. Additional drivers must be requested at booking
- Additional driver not requested at booking time can be requested
at collection time and are payable locally on pick-up.
- All customers will be required to leave a deposit to cover
the collision damage waiver excess, theft waiver excess (where
applicable) and fuel . To do so, a valid credit card in the
name of the lead driver, must be produced upon collection of
the car, as a form of deposit.
- Cash deposits are usually not accepted.
- Where a deposit for fuel is payable, it will usually be refunded
if the car is returned with a full tank. If the tank is not
returned full, our rep will charge for fuel at its prevailing
rate. They may also levy a refuelling charge. Please check
the fuel policy when you pick up your car.
Provision of cars
- Our rep can refuse to provide a car to any customer who is,
in his opinion, unfit to drive or does not meet eligibility
requirements or refuses to produce a credit card as a security
deposit. In such circumstances your contract with us will terminate
immediately, and we will have no further liability to you,
and no refund will be due.
- Our rental cars are insured for a maximum number of passengers. You
Drive cannot accept responsibility if the
vehicle is not large enough to fit all passengers and luggage
on arrival if details were not supplied at the time of
booking. In the interest of safety this number must not
be exceeded and if exceeded the insurance will be invalidated.
- Our insurance is valid to drive in Portugal. Restrictions
are applicable when crossing country and state borders. Cross
border charges, as shown in our price list page, may apply
if you want to drive out of Portugal. Cross border Insurance
should be requested at booking time but can be asked at collection
time and payable locally.
Damage and Theft Waiver Exclusions and Damage Excess Waiver
- We waive, in most circumstances your liability to pay for
any damage caused to the vehicle during the period of hire,
subject only to the payment by you of a charge, referred to
as an "excess" as shown below depending on the car
group. Your liability for the damage will be limited to the
cost of the excess. We call this contractual waiver "Collision
Damage Waiver" or "CDW". CDW is subject to certain
exclusions which include, without limit, when damage is caused
to windows/windscreens, wheels and tyres, the underside or
roof of the car or where the vehicle is driven off-road or
on un-tarmacked roads, without due care and attention, negligently
or where the driver is under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
Your liability to pay for the damage will therefore not be
waived in these circumstances and you may be liable for the
- If you would like us to waive your liability to pay the excess
referred to above, then you can purchase our Super Collision
Damage Waiver product (SCDW). However, please be aware that
even with this product you will still have to compensate the
car rental partner for damage which falls within one of the
exclusions identified above.
- Theft Waiver (also known as Theft Protection) provides coverage
for theft or attempted theft, of the vehicle up to the full
value of the vehicle and any loss that we may incur. You are
responsible for the excess of each claim, which you will be
required to pay as part of the overall excess deposit (unless
you are advised that this is not applicable at the time of
booking). Your loss will be limited provided the vehicle is
used and its keys returned in accordance with the terms and
conditions of the rental agreement.
Collision Damage Waiver product (SCDW)
- On all bookings you will be required to leave a deposit to
the value of any CDW excess you may be required to pay if the
vehicle is damaged during the period of hire (see the paragraphs
dealing with CDW above). If the vehicle is damaged, the deposit
will be retained and treated as payment of the excess. If,
however, you have purchased our SCDW product, your liability
to pay the excess will be waived and you may reclaim it, provided
that you bring a police accident report. Your liability to
pay for damage to the vehicle will therefore be limited to
the cost of the daily rate you pay for SCDW.
- Please note than a police report is absolutely necessary
for you to reclaim your liability to pay the damage caused
by accident or theft.
- SCDW (and CDW) do not apply in relation to damage to windows/windscreens,
wheels and tyres, the underside and the roof, the interior
of the car, towing charges or where the vehicle is driven off-road
or on un-tarmacked roads, without due care and attention, negligently
or where the driver is under the influence of alcohol or other
drugs. Your liability to pay the cost of the damage will therefore
not be waived in these circumstances and you may be liable
for the full cost.
- In the event that keys are lost or damaged, you will be liable
for the reasonable costs of obtaining a replacement, and further
costs if directly related to the theft of the car.
- SCDW does not apply when taking four-wheel drive vehicles "off
road" or on un-tarmacked roads. Your liability to pay the CDW
excess will therefore not be waived in these circumstances
and you may be liable for the full excess.
Excess and Excess Waiver
- For groups A, B, C, D -> Excess 550,00 € / Waiver
6,00 € per day
- For groups E, F, F1, G, G1, G2-> Excess 750,00 € /
Waiver 8,00 € per day
- For groups H, H1, I, I1 -> Excess 800,00 € / Waiver
9,00 € per day
- For groups J, J1, L, K -> Excess 1.000,00 € / Waiver
10,00 € per day
- All taxes are included except those on any extras purchased
locally. e.g. one-way drop-off fees, child seats, additional
- You Drive reserves the right to
levy any government increases in local taxes that may be introduced
after the printing of these terms and conditions.
- Any additional charges payable on arrival are subject to
local taxes at the prevailing rate in Portugal (VAT 21%).
- Payments on collection are subjected to a mobile credit card
processing fee of 5% when made by credit card.
- You Drive are unable to guarantee
the delivery of a particular make or model withing the group
you choose. The cars shown on your fleet lsit are for guidance
only as an example of the possible cars within this group and
may be substituted for an alternative, similar or upgraded
car (at no extra cost).
- If you have booked a prestige car, the specific car booked
- If it becomes impossible to provide your booked car due to
breakdown or an accident, a similar or upgraded car will be
- If you are dissatisfied in any way with the standard of your
booked car, you must advise us immediately so we may be able
to satisfy your claim.
- In the event of any mechanical difficulties or accidents
involving your car, it is important that details are reported
to us immediately.
- In the event of an accident you must also complete an accident
report form by the end of the rental period.
- Local police should also be notified in the case of accidents
and a signed police report obtained.
- Full details of third parties should also be obtained.
- You are not given authority to repair a vehicle.
- You should retain copies of all rental documentation in the
event an insurance company is involved.
- Your insurance cover may be invalidated if this procedure
is not followed correctly and this may prejudice any claim
- A check-in form must be signed on return of the vehicle.
Failure to do so may delay the investigation of disputes regarding
damage excess charges.
- You Drive aims to resolve complaints
within 28 days of receipt. Some complaints may take longer
than 28 days owing to the nature of the issue and information
provided. You Drive can only consider complaints that reach
us within 15 days of the final day of rental to which the rental
voucher refers. Actions against holiday autos are restricted
to the laws that occur within the jurisdiction of the Portuguese
- All bookings by our customers are subject to our terms and
- The customer acknowledges that in making a booking with You
Drive he/she does so only on the basis of
the material contained in our brochure, voucher, on our
website or information provided on the phone by its employees.
- Please note that the rental of the vehicle will be subject
to the law of Portugal and for this reason you will be required
to sign a rental contract with us as imposed by law. You should
satisfy yourself that you understand (and agree) to its terms
and conditions, as you will be subject to, and must comply
with these terms, and the local law.
- You Drive will not be held responsible for anyone
driving under the influence of alcohol/drugs, causing wilful
damage, off road driving or driving without due care and
attention. The customer will accept responsibility in respect
of such claims. This list is not exclusive.
- Cars and all offersincluded in our web site or brochure are
subject to availability.
- You Drive shall not be liable itself
or vicariously through its rep's for either a failure to perform
or delay in performing any of its obligations under or pursuant
to this booking, voucher, reservation, rental or terms and
conditions, if and in so far as performance is delayed, hindered
or prevented by force majeure, which expression shall mean
any event beyond the reasonable control of the party in question.
In the event that the force majeure persists for more than
14 consecutive days, You Drive may
terminate and withdraw this booking, reservation or rental
by giving 14 days notice to the clients original billing address.